Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You should see the other guy!


The other day i came home for lunch and found that my son had fallen off of a bed that he was jumping on and bumped his eyebrow. It was such a shocking bruise that i immediately cried out, "Caleb, what happened to your eye!" he replied casually, "Me not hurt'n Mommy. I Otay" Relieved to know that he was fine i reflected on my own shock at seeing his injury. "My husband will freak!" I thought. Then i had a brilliant idea. My son has become a regular little Mina bird. He copies every thing he hears. I taught him to say, "You should see the other guy!"

As expected, my husband and i laughed hysterically when my son replied to my husbands inquiries about his shiner with , "You can seed da udder dy!"

As the day wore on however, the other guy started to look a little better. When i placed him in bed that evening he had a "bangdade" on his forehead covering a goose egg, on his right elbow, on his left knee and one his right cheek. Two of those "bangdades" were probably not necessary but he thought they were so i conceded. Who would say no to a face like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment